FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - FAQ's
Before you go any further, some of the most important questions that are often asked before embarking on a Reflexology & Reiki Courses are answered below:
If you have any other questions not covered in FAQ's, please contact us at ~Inspira~
*~Inspira Academy~ is a private school teaching the AGORED CYMRU Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology currently the highest level available in the UK & all Reiki levels - including Practitioner Skills training
* The ~Inspira Academy~ Head Office is located in Dinas Powys in between Cardiff and Barry, 10 miles from the M4
Google Map - CLICK
* There are 2 training centre locations - Cardiff and Swansea
* Sue Evans BA(Hons), PRM, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, PGCE -
Director & Principal Tutor in Reflexology & Reiki
* Paul Steward BSc - Director & Administrator
* Anne Trigg BSc - Cardiff/Bristol tutor and Costa Tropical A&P tutor
* Cath England BSc - Swansea tutor
All tutors are full Members of Professional Reflexology. All run busy clinics so their knowledge is current. Sue and Cath are also a Reiki Master teachers and members of The UK Reiki Federation.
Sue and Paul are the Directors of ~Inspira~ and they live at Inspira House which is where the Cardiff course is held in a dedicated, fully equipped training room -including multi-media, cameras and projector (so that you may view your own feet!).
* Please contact us via the addresses below with any queries or if you would like us to send you an application form
* ~Inspira Academy~ are proud to be an affiliated member school of Professional Reflexology, an organisation that is "Run by Reflexologists for Reflexologists".
* Yes - We will register you as students with Professional Reflexology and upon successful completion of ALL assessments you may then obtain full membership together with Balens (the UK's largest insurer of complementary therapists) comprehensive insurance cover.
* The Reflexology course is 22 days part-time spread over 14 MONTHS in order to allow sufficient time to perfect techniques, complete case studies and prepare fully for exams
* The Reflexology course days (please see course dates)run from 9.30am until 6pm
* There are a maximum of 12 students in Cardiff and 10 in Swansea
* Approximately 8 to 10 hours per week
* Go to: REFLEXOLOGY DATES/FEES etc.
* We are affiliated to the UK Reiki Federation, who, together with the Reiki Council are upholding the standards of Training in all the Reiki levels.
* The Personal Reiki I Course is over 2 consecutive days - Thursday and Friday
* The Reiki II Course is over 2 consecutive days - Thursday and Friday
* The Reiki Practitioner Course is an addition to Reiki II
* The Reiki Masters/Teacher Course is a one to one full days training, followed by attendance at both Reiki I and Reiki II training days
* There are a maximum of 6 students per group for the Reiki courses
* This will vary depending on the individual, but on average about 4/5 hours per week
(This only applies to the Reiki II Practitioner Course)
* Go to: REIKI DATES/FEES etc.
* The Level 5 Reflexology Units are registered and copyrighted with AGORED CYMRU and are part of the Credit and Qualification Framework Wales (CQFW). They belong to the Quality and Lifelong Learning (QALL) pillar. Professional Reflexology has been formally recognised and approved by CNHC as the verifying organisation for the Level 5 Reflexology Units
* Exceeds the criteria for National Occupational Standards (NOS) and criteria as set out by the House of Lords Report 2000 and the Core Curriculum for Reflexology
* The Reiki Course meets the Standards set out by The Reiki Council and follows the Reiki Core Curriculum
* Foremost is the desire and commitment to learn reflexology and/or Reiki and no prior knowledge is necessary
* Minimum age is 18, but there is no maximum
* For some modules it is necessary to assess any prior learning i.e Anatomy & Physiology. This will be done in class to ensure that there is then equality of opportunity to learn - regardless of what you know (or don't know!) already
* Contact Inspira by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 029 2051 2508 to receive your application form
* Complementary Therapies and Reflexology and Reiki in particular, are growth industries and because Sue, Anne and Cath - the main course tutors - have been reflexologists and Reiki practitioners for many years, and because Inspira has such a good reputation, potential employers contact us directly enabling us to match working opprtunities with qualified Inspira practitioners
* Many past Inspira students have gone on to achieve wonderful things and here is a sample of some of the specialist areas:
> Providing reflexology treatments in Private hospitals
> Providing therapy to children with Cerebral Palsy in a Special School
> Day Centre and respite care for the disabled
> One group remained together after completing their course to provide corporate and event treatments - Sole Sisters
> Working with children and youngsters within a mainstream school
> Controlling stress levels to band members prior to performing live on stage
> Private fertility clinic
> Peripatetic bus providing treatments for the carers of those with Alzheimers (the person who set it up, as well as the reflexologists employed on the bus, were trained at Inspira)
> Working in mental health
> Working in the NHS (hospices, hospitals & GP surgeries)
> Dental Practice
> Reflexologist at League Football club
> Reflexologists at local rugby clubs
> As well as numerous self-employed opportunities available - Please see Gallery/Contact Practitioners page!
* Yes! The <CENTRALIA> Reflexology Mastership (incorporating Agored Cymru units at Level 5 is designed principally to lead directly to employment as a reflexologist. It may also enable progression to a First Degree in Health Sciences in a number of Higher Education Programmes in the UK universities."
* Reflexology is a complementary therapy that is used in an ever increasing number of working environments.
The roots of reflexology are ancient, although it is in the last century that it has once again found its place as a respected means of promoting health and well-being.
Reflexology is both an art and a science. It is an art because a relexologist must be adept, skilful and sensitive, and a science because it is based on physiological and neurological study and is an ever increasing subject of research.
The feet are a mirror image of the body itself - If you imagine looking at the feet together, then the head is represented by the big toes, the chest and lungs are the balls of the feet, the insteps are the main torso and the heels become the bottom of the body. You have to imagine someone sitting on the floor, with their arms tucked into their body and sitting with legs tucked underneath you - then look at the pair of feet ... the shape is the same!
Within the feet are areas for all the body's organs and systems and with precise thumb and finger movements these are accessed in order to promote and aid the body's own healing system. So although the reflexologist will activate the healing process, it is the receiver of reflexology who will be in control of their own health and well being, a really positive way in which to look after yourself!
~Inspira~ Reflexology & Reiki courses in South Wales?
Please contact us at
029 2051 2508